Sunday January 29th 2017
Held at Shepeard Community Blood Center, Evans GA
Board members Attending:
Kevin Belanger - President
Jarome Cohen – First Vice President
David Grieve – Second Vice President
Beth Grant – Secretary
Pat Simon – Treasurer
Larry Tiller – Advisor
The president called the meeting to order at 2 PM and briefly summarized the activities of the Board in 2016. They are:
- $1800 was spent on improvements on the front entrance. Despite these improvements someone stole the majority of the lights. The lights have not yet been replaced because the Board has not determined how to proceed
- The Board accepted a Fountain committee plan which concluded
- Maintenance and electricity for fountains already in the neighborhood will continue be paid for by FPPOA.
- Homeowners who wish to provide their own fountain should request Architecture Committee (ACC) approval to install the fountain themselves following FPPOA - ACC guidelines.
- The Common Area /Jay Jahn land swap is almost completed and should be finished with in a month. Once Mr. Jahn signs the paperwork we can complete the deed swap. and begin the construction of a gravel path.
- Six street lights were added to Bent Oak Road. This adds an expense of $80 per month.
- FPPOA completed two chemical treatments in White Tail lagoon for weed control. We will wait until spring and evaluate to determine if we need to do additional treatments.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation has requested that homeowners remove all of the items now parked or stored under the Bridge within SCDOT property. It is a liability for SC and our homeowners.
George Jiminez asked if it would be possible for homeowners to sign a hold harmless agreement with South Carolina DOT and if not, suggested moving the road over onto our property. The President mentioned that that particular property is being used as a leech field for 3 septic tanks.
Kevin will contact the SCDOT and explore options including possibly having the DOT meet with our Board.
Mr. Young suggested that the Board consider amending the covenants to include the fountain plan.
Billy and Samantha Peel recommended that the Board install cameras in the neighborhood to help deter theft. Several Board members discussed past efforts to achieve this end. The Board will consider this proposal again to see if it is feasible
The Treasurer reported a bank balance of $24436.29. We had a successful year and stayed on budget. No increases in our annual assessment are planned. Only one homeowner failed to pay their dues for 2016.
Kevin presented the proposed slate of Officers for the Board of Directors and thanked the members for allowing him to be president for two years.
Proposed Slate of Officers for 2017
Dave Grieve President
Kevin Belanger 1st Vice President
Tony Akins 2nd Vice President
Beth Grant Secretary
Pat Simon Treasurer
Deborah Jiminez Advisor
Larry Tiller Advisor
Donald Webster Advisor
Nominations from the floor were solicited with no response.
President moved to accept the proposed slate of officers. Steve Crislip seconded
The slate was accepted unanimously.
The membership thanked Jarome Cohen for his 10 years service to the Board as 1st Vice President.